Creating a PC with an unusually high rate is a matter of course. However, how to create a PC that is not only fast, but it also does not cause noise that noise?
Has a set of PCs with high speed is a dream for all PC enthusiasts. With high-speed PCs, of course, you can do the job and what activities are desired. For you fans of gaming for example, activities to play the latest 3D games like Doom 3, FEAR or Call of Duty 2 will be very interesting with characters that move is smooth and does not seem broken. Likewise if you are a worker in graphic arts, graphic processing applications can run more smoothly and quickly without any distractions which means delay.
All that you can do if using a PC with high speed which must be supported also by other devices such as VGA, RAM, and processor. Besides being used for play and work, you can also create an entertainment center all-in-one in one house, it's good to see television shows, view DVD movies, and listening to music. Requirement is just one, you are required to have a PC devices that have a high speed, but in addition to the speed of the features More also needs your attention.
Currently if you have a minimum budget of U.S. $ 600 or about Rp5.400.000, was able to assemble a gaming PC with a fairly high speed (in this case we compare to PC gaming PC graphics). However, at that price you will not get spesifi cation and the same performance in the computer's built-up. Therefore, we suggest that as much as possible to assemble your own PC. With the composition of the right components, you will get a reliable PC at an affordable price. Here are examples of the composition of components with satisfactory results.
Use the AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000 + (Socket 939), was chosen because of price and performance ratio is pretty good compared to others. Motherboard select an air-nForce 4 SLI chipset, 1 GB of RAM use (2x512 MB dual-channel) and air-chipset video card GeForce 7600 GS. For other enhancements, such as sound card, onboard sound card was in fact sufficient, but if you want better sound quality, can choose the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value.
Storage media select the minimum capacity of 40 GB, because the games now greedy for space (one game after installed are able to reach 4 GB). Optical Drive where you can choose products from Lite-On, try to choose the type of combo drive. The latter is the case, for example, you can choose the Antec Sonata II with PSU (power supply unit) of 450 watts. With the example of the composition like that, you can already play the most demanding 3D game available today is FEAR, although with limitations here and there.
Fast and Silent
Can mean a quick and quiet. A super-fast PC is definitely not spared from noise removed from the casing. Many factors can cause noises that are disturbing enough. Either the sound was coming from the fan casing is too big, PSU fan, processor and fan heatsink VGA heatsink fan, or even the noise is caused by shocks during hard work.
In the rubric "Cover Story" this time we will try to provide some guidance for creating a fast PC, but does not remove the noise. Especially if you put the PC close to your bed. This guide will be divided into several sections, among others pulled nai several types of supporting components are recommended, if you plan on buying a new PC components such as VGA, CPU Cooler, and the processor.
In another section, we will provide guidance to optimize the capabilities of existing components, such as setting the clock on the processor, replacing both the fan heatsink to the processor and video card, optimizing drivers and applications, as well as the addition of other materials such as foam for acousti-Pack can muffle the noise in the casing.
After following the guidance from us, it is expected you are able to create a PC with high speed, but with a low noise level.
Maybe after Lebaran your THR remaining money or for those who are still students and students acquire the excess allowance during Eid, it may be time you have a superfast PC and not noisy that you've dreamed of.
1. Video Card: Select the Use Passive Cooling Today almost all manufacturers have a video card with passive cooling products. But of course, not all passive cooling can be applied to products that use high-end chips, because chips with a class like that tend to cause a fairly high heat so it is not enough if it just cooled using passive cooling only. For video cards with the use of high-end chip, we recommend you use a cooling system with water cooling. Obviously if you can buy a high-end video card, buy a cooler with water cooling system will not be a problem anymore for you.
Losses from passive cooling: Because of its design which tends to be quite large and take place within the casing, then indirectly affect the circulation of air inside the casing to be disrupted so that the exhaust fan in the casing must work extra. Because of its design, the passive cooling systems are usually also close some existing slots in the next slot on the motherboard so it can not be enabled.
2. PSU (Power Supply Unit) with Large Fan Currently some manufacturers already have products PSU PSU with big fan measuring 12 cm, but despite the large level of noise generated is very small (low noise). We just take the example of products from AcBel, Silentmaxx, and Silverstone. But, of course you have to make up for the price is quite expensive (the cheapest prices around $ 142). For business this PSU, you simply provide a PSU with a capability of 450 watts power rating because of the power rating for that you can use SLI or Crossfire technology.
If you want to be more frugal, you can buy a chassis that already include a PSU in it. Casing which has a PSU with a good performance and low noise level is Antec Sonata II.
3. Processor: Choose a type Mobile Technology You can choose one of two types of processors that can be used, AMD Turion 64 (X2) or Intel Core Duo, the two types of processors are commonly used in notebooks. Today's processor type of mobile work more efi cient than the desktop type processor.
In addition to the required voltage needs a little more, this mobile processor type does not generate heat that is too large so that the task of the heatsink and fan is not too heavy. You can choose a variant of the Ultra Low Voltage Core Duo, the L2300 and L2400 in which both offer very little power consumption. You also can choose the processor from AMD, namely MT-28 Turion 64 and Turion 64 MT-30.
Customize your motherboard also that you will buy with the processor. If possible select a motherboard with passive cooling which uses heatpipes on both its chipsets. Indeed, the price will be slightly more expensive if you use a mobile motherboard and processor type. However, the performance of a given course will be worth the price.
Create a More Quiet PC
4. Lower the clockspeed Processor The way it is the easiest and most effective way to reduce the noise coming from the fan heatsink. If your motherboard BIOS has a feature to change the frequency of the processor clock speed, you could lose a little of his speed clock frequency. That way the heat from the processor will be reduced so that the job of the processor fan heatsink will be lighter, then automatically generated voice will be more peaceful.
But by using this way, the ability of your PC will not be maximum and tends to decrease. You can just choose, like your PC is capable of full and maximum, but the noises are quite disturbing, or ability of your PC down a bit and not making a sound noisy.
If you intend to change the frequency of the clock speed of your processor, enter the BIOS menus (usually by pressing DEL). Then go into the menu "Advanced", then select the "CPU Configuration" and "CPU FSB Frequency".
Here you can change the FSB (Front Side Bus) clock that affects the performance of a processor. To this change the FSB value in it is usually worth between 100-266 MHz, scaled up to a maximum of 25% from its default value.
When finished changing the FSB it, press F10 to save it in the BIOS and then restart your PC. After the restart process is complete, your PC will decrease performance, but of course there was no noise coming out of its processor heatsink.
5. AMD Athlon 64: Using Processor Driver and BIOS Features If you have an AMD Athlon 64 processor, then to eliminate the noise caused by the fan heatsink will be able to overcome easily. Because at some air-AMD platform motherboard already supports a feature called AMD Cool 'n Quiet Technology. Features of this one was not known by the novice computer user, but if you enable this feature, the addition can be issued to regulate voltage processor, this feature can also reduce the heat from the processor automatically.
In the BIOS default settings, this function is disabled memangselalu. To activate it fairly easy, first go into the BIOS and select "Power Management", replace the option "AMD Cool 'n Quiet" to be enabled. After that, save and restart your PC.
Another way is to install the drivers and applications for AMD Athlon 64 processor. Applications and drivers that you can get on the official website of AMD, but usually the motherboard manufacturer has always sat well include the application and the driver is in the sales package.
When finished installing, perform the setting of his energy option, change into the "minimum energy consumption." The function is the same as if you enable AMD's Cool 'n Quiet Technology in the BIOS.
6. CPU Cooling Device CPU Cooler is one important component that if not addressed will cause a very annoying voice. Currently the market has been circulating cooling devices from starting a low-end to high-end class that already apply water cooling system.
By the time we buy a new processor, then in the sales package will certainly include a cooling device is also standard. Usually the only cooling device using the material of aluminum, because it is intended for the use of standards and not to use overclocking.
One reason why the only cooling device using aluminum alone is the cost of production tend to be small. Material from the cooling device is a good use of copper (copper) which are equipped with heatpipe, but of course the production costs incurred will be very large if the cooling device with the material has become standard from processor sales package.
Replacement of cooling devices must you do if you own standard cooling devices have started to sound noisy. The noise usually comes from fans who go the extra mile because the processor cause excessive heat, in which the cooling device made of aluminum are usually not able to absorb maximum heat.
Materials such as copper cooling device (copper) which are equipped with heatpipe highly recommended here, because in addition to absorbing the heat well enough, fans of the cooling device with materials has been equipped with temperature sensors, so if the heat generated by the processor only slightly, then the fan will not spin too fast. Conversely if the processor overheats, the fan will adjust.
Some examples of cooling devices that we worked pretty good value, both in terms of absorption of heat from the processor and cooling fan noise level of devices, among others, Arctic Cooling Silencer 64 Ultra TC is used for processor or AMD Athlon 64 X2 for Socket 754 and 939. Cooling device costs about U.S. $ 20. As for the Intel Pentium 4 socket 478, Arctic Cooling Super Silent 4 Pro TC could be an option at a price of around U.S. $ 19. For socket 775 cooling devices that you can consider is the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro which can be obtained for U.S. $ 34. The prices obtained from the official website.
But in his official site, some of the cooling device has been discontinued (discontinued), which still produced only Coolong Arctic Freezer 7 Pro. But, of course, to the market in Indonesia several cooling devices can still be found. Some things to remember if you want to use the cooling device is a weight in the range of 400 grams can make dudukmenyertakan's on the motherboard you will be overloaded. Especially if you like the layout memindahmindahkan your PC.
7. Two Options for Video Card If your video card was a sound that is very disturbing, can do two things to the video card. The easiest way is to quickly replace the whole of your video card with a new one. For example, one video card with passive cooling is the ASUS EAX1600XT good enough. However, money should you spend not a little to make up for a new video card, about U.S. $ 150-US $ 500 and instead may be more than that.
The second way is to replace the default video card heatsink is equipped with a fan of his. Some examples of good heatsink is a product from Arctic Cooling or can you see in the site-cooling.com www.arctic, to find where the heatsink is most suitable for your video card. All you need to remember when replacing the heatsink is the size. Because if it is too large, then the heatsink will automatically cover the empty slot next to the video card and certainly will not be an empty slot you can enable.
8. CRACKLE Hard Drive Silencer Hard drive can also cause the sound is quite annoying. The noises occur when the hard drive head is at work coming from the hard drive trying to read the plate in it. Noise also occurs from the round plate in it that causes vibration on the disk itself, and if you are not good notebook PC will cause sound less pleasant to hear. The only way for this is to provide a HDD Cooler is made from aluminum and comes with a pretty good fan.
9. Replacement PSU PSU is also one of the components that cause your PC into a noisy, mainly because it has a blower fan. Currently in most PSU wear Fan diameter 12 cm, a very large size. That makes most of the PSU to be noisy. However, if the PSU is providing a controller for the fan, the story would be different. Because then we can control the fan rotation in accordance with our wishes.
As an example of the Antec PSU, which is True Power TPII-380, the power rating of this PSU is 380 watts and has the function of the fan setting alone, the price offered is also quite reasonable at around U.S. $ 75. Very much when compared you buy a PSU with a fanless system (fanless), which currently can be reached at U.S. $ 170.
10. Replacement of the exhaust casing In every case must have at least an exhaust befungsi to throw the hot air inside the casing and of course set the air circulation inside the casing. Exhaust fan that is usually contained in a standard chassis typically do not have good quality and impressed just improvise it. This is causing the noise from the exhaust fan.
The only way to eliminate the noise is changing with a new fan. For example you could use the Arctic Fan 8L 8 or a diameter of 8 cm at a price of around U.S. $ 6. Rounds that can be generated from this fan with 2000 RPM maximum noise level of only 20.0 dB. However, you need to consider here is the provision of places for additional fans in the casing. First make sure in case you have available places for additional fans.
11. Support Tools for Mute Sound in PC After all the components inside your PC is no longer a sound annoying, you can certainly breathe a sigh of relief. But so far our experience, the slightest sound issued from the components inside the PC, his voice will still be heard up to your ears.
To be able to totally eliminate the sound you require additional equipment. One of them using foam silencer must have been widely known by the overclockers and PC enthusiasts. One example of a fairly unknown silencer is the product of Acoustic, namely AcoustiPack, but very Unfortunately this product does not seem to enter the Indonesian market.
For another alternative, you can search for sound dampening foam on the market Indonesia, indeed the results would not be as much if you use the above product but still will make your PC quieter.
There are several reasons we recommend that you use the sound dampening foam. The first of these sound absorbers capable of absorbing noise arising in the casing so as to prevent noise in the casing out and be heard by your ear and the second is to use this foam vibration that is usually felt when the optical drive or hard drive is at work will disappear altogether, so will cause the PC to be quiet and there is no vibration at all when you hold it.
12. Optimal Cooling with Water Cooling System Just as the formula applicable, that water is more effective to cool the temperatures are hotter than the air. But certainly for the case of cool PC components, the volume of water needed should not be too much and certainly with the flow of water that is not too fast. To our knowledge, the cooling in this way is the most effective way to reduce heat, let alone water cooling system does not remove noise while working.
There are several concepts of the water cooling system. One of them is currently being applied is by pumping water from the radiator into each water block already installed in the brackish-gmasing components on the PC. The water will be drained from the radiator through several components at once such as processors, video cards and even the motherboard chipset or hard drive (if the water cooling system that provides a lot of water block) and then cool the respective components. After that the water will be re-spun into the radiator. Radiator water cooling system of this type is passive, because it is not equipped with a fan. So despite the rather large size, the radiator is no sound at all. Another concept is the active water cooling system equipped with a radiator fan is small.
We recommend not to choose water cooling system equipped with a fan on the radiator, because it will not affect the performance of water cooling. One example of water cooling system is pretty good we think is a product from Zalman, the Zalman Reserator 1 Plus. But, of course you have to spend up to U.S. $ 240 range. Prices are quite expensive, is not it? Good luck and experiment.